We are Dundee Cold Stores, a company registered in Scotland under number SC 314713, whose registered head office is at Whittle Place, Gourdie Industrial Estate, Kingsway West, Dundee, DD2 4TD (Dundee Cold Stores)
This policy describes how Dundee Cold Stores collects and processes your personal data obtained on our website www.dundeecoldstores.co.uk (Our Site).
We may change the terms of this policy from time to time. This version is dated June 2019.
What is Personal Data?
Personal Data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (GDPR) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal Data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The Personal Data that we use is set out in paragraph • below.
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which Dundee Cold Stores will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your Personal Data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in at the bottom of this page
- The right to access the Personal Data we hold about you. Use the contact details at the bottom of this page to contact us.
- The right to have your Personal Data rectified if any of your Personal Data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in paragraph • to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your Personal Data that we have. Please contact us using the details at the bottom of this page to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your Personal Data.
- The right to object to us using your Personal Data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided Personal Data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that Personal Data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
The Personal Data we collect on Our Site
You can provide your Personal Data if you wish. We only collect Personal Data that you want to provide to us or that is needed to provide (and improve) our service to you. We collect Personal Data directly such as name, age, gender, address and e-mail address as well as connection and system information.
How we use your Personal Data
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using Personal Data. This may be because you have consented to our use of your Personal Data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your Personal Data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- responding to your enquiries in relation to potential opportunities to be involved in focus groups or tasting panels;
- communicating with you, this may include responding to emails or calls from you;
- supplying you with information about Dundee Cold Stores and our exciting developments by email that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by following the methods contained in Paragraph 11 below);
- administer, support and obtain feedback on the level of our services;
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email and text message with information, news, and offers on our services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
How and where your Personal Data is stored
We may store or transfer some or all of your Personal Data in countries that are not part of the European Economic Area (the “EEA” consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). These are known as “third countries” and may not have data protection laws that are as strong as those in the UK and/or the EEA. This means that we will take additional steps in order to ensure that your Personal Data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR as follows.
Retention of your Personal Data
Dundee Cold Stores will retain your information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Dundee Cold Stores will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your information to comply with applicable tax/revenue laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We also retain log files for internal analysis purposes. These log files are generally retained for a short period of time, except where they are used for website security, to improve website functionality, or we are legally obligated to retain them for longer time periods.
Sharing your Personal Data
We may sometimes contract with the following types of third parties to supply products or services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery, and marketing. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all of your Personal Data that we hold.
- service providers such as our fulfilment and activation partners, and digital agencies, hosting providers, data storage providers and other technical partners) who help us administer Our Site, or process the data submitted to it
If any of your Personal Data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your Personal Data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law, as described above in paragraph 6.
If any Personal Data is transferred outside of the EEA, we will take suitable steps in order to ensure that your Personal Data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR, as explained above in paragraph 6.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain Personal Data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects Personal Data protection.
How to contact Dundee Cold Stores
Address: Dundee Cold Stores, Whittle Place, Gourdie Industrial Estate, Kingsway West, Dundee, DD2 4TD
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our data collection practices, please contact us at the address or email listed above and specify your country of residence and the nature of your question.